Q: How do you keep your skin hydrated?
"When it comes to hydration, I'm a big believer that it comes from the inside," says Gucci, who tends to a alternate between a regimen of rebalancing electrolyte supplements and cult face creams passed on through trusted word-of-mouth recommendations. She switches up the latter category based on any given day's specific skin issues: Superfacialist Joanna Czech's Pumpkin Peel, for instance, is a savior for unexpected breakouts and blemishes; meanwhile, Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream is a regular on-set staple for its lush texture and instant calming effect.
A few extraordinary skincare favorites have become 365-day-a-year staples: New York City top dermatologist Macron Alexiades's 37 Actives packs a clean, plant-based, perfectly calibrated punch that tackles dark spots, acne and dullness in one shot. As for Lavett & Chin's Coconut Moisturizing Facial Mist? Sure, it contains a potent dose of humectants, honey extract, and organic Bulgarian rosewater—but it's the mood-lifting wow factor that gets us every time.
The Electrolyte Supplements:
The Super Creams:
- Subtle Energies
- Beboe Serum
- Susanne Kaufmann Nutrient Concentrate
- U Beauty
- Dr. Macrene Alexiades High Performance Face Cream
- Superflower Everday Serum
- Environ Moisture Capsules & Heavy Moisturizer
- Mother Dirt
- Royal Fern-Phytoactive Anti-Aging Cream
- Augustinus Bader-The Rich Cream
- Gryph & IvyRose-Balm
- Moon Juice-Cosmic Cream
- Joanna Czech Pumpkin Peel
- Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream
- Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm
- Lavett & Chin-Coconut Moisturizing Facial Mist
- The Nue Co- Skin Filter
For more episodes of "Ask Gucci," visit our beauty Q&A archives!