Q: What does the 80/20 philosophy mean to you?
"Nobody's perfect," says Gucci while delving into the 80/20 approach that applies to both her wellness habits and business practices. The concept is relatively simple for this lifelong clean food lover, meaning she'll try to maintain a healthy, balanced routine 80% of the time, but will be flexible for the other 20% to enjoy pizza, pasta, and wine sans guilt.
A similar philosophy surrounds Westman Atelier's performance-driven, clean formulas. "Bringing my expertise as a makeup artist into the line is important, but so is finding safe ingredient choices for our skin and the environment,” she explains, “We have a 'plants first' approach, but that doesn't mean sacrificing integrity. If a natural option doesn't work for the product's performance, we'll always work alongside our labs to find the safest, most responsible synthetic alternative. Continually self-reflecting to learn and evolve as a brand is the key." Watch the full video now to learn more!
For more "Ask Gucci" Q&As, visit our full archive. Then, want to hear more about Gucci's clean journey with Westman Atelier? Check out this video and discover some of our favorite natural ingredients like the rejuvenating coconut oil found in Vital Skin Foundation.